It happens sometimes that when you want to use your printer it shows you an offline message. This message sounds ok when you are not in hurry but when you are in hurry then you must know what to do and how to resolve the printer offline error.
In this article we will guide you step by step, about every possible way you can use to dissipate this offline error.
The reason behind this error can be many. Sometimes it is just as simple as you have loose cable and sometimes this error came due to paper jamming. Also, offline error printer can also happen due to printer driver or software issues or due to some installation or updating issues.
This guide will help you in solving offline error issue in every printer irrespective of its manufacture company. You can also contact Dell Printer Repair near me, if you own dell printer.
Step 1: Physical Printer and Cable Checks -
The very first step is to check whether both ends of the USB cable are properly inserted. If the printer is connected to a network then make sure that Ethernet cable is also connected properly. And, if the network connection is wireless then you must check your internet connection or check whether it is connected to your router or not.
You should also try using a different cable to make sure that your cable is not faulty alone. If your cable is working properly then the fault might be with your network connection.
Step 2: How to set the Printer “Online” Manually -
- Click on the start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Now click on Devices and Printers.
- Now, right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”.
- From the window choose printer from the menu bar – present at the top.
- Now, select the option - Use Printer Online from the drop-down menu box.
Step 3: Remove All the Pending Print Jobs –
- By clicking on the control panel and opening Printer and devices.
- You have to click on see what’s printing.
- Now, right click and select the cancel option. By selecting this option, you will cancel all the print jobs pending.
- Now, after performing above step click on Use Printer Online again.
- Now restart both your printer and computer again.
Step 4: Removing and Reinstalling Your Printer –
- To reinstall your printer, you have to right click on the printer from devices and printers and select remove device.
- Now, you have to add the printer again by selecting the add a printer option from the devices and printer option.
Step 4: To Remove Printer Drivers and Packages
- Ensure that you are using Windows as an Admin or sign in as admin.
- Now, type CMD in the search bar.
- With command prompt open type printer /s /t2 to open the Print Serve Properties window.
- You have to now remove the driver and package for printer in question.
- Again, add your printer.
- Now you will be able to see your printer online.
- Allow continue printing.
But if you still see the offline error then there is a chance that there is some issue with your printer.
If you can’t understand the issue clearly you can contact Printer Support in Hawaii.
Step 5: Another Method to Get Printer Back Online -
- To get you printer online you must go to your settings and then printers. Now, right click on the printer and select use printer online.
- Clear all the print jobs. Now, double click on the selected printer.
- Now, go to printer menu and select cancel all documents.
- Check for the printer jam if any then check for it.
- Now, try to print again to set the printer back online.
- You can try to print a test document and switch it off and turn it back on.
I hope by the end of this article, you have found a suitable way to solve this error. If the issue persists you can contact the printer repair service near you.