When you use a printer to print any of your documents or photo the element which prints the data is known as ink or toner. And, this liquid ink is stored inside the printer’s cartridge. And when sometimes accidentally your printer stops working then there are very common chances that damaged cartridges is the reason behind it.
In this article, we have mentioned the entire steps to resolve this issue. All you have to do is to follow them. And, if you are not at ease then you can search Canon Printer Repair near me. You can also use the brand name and type printer repair services near me.
Now, without wasting time let’s move forward:
- Turn on the printer by pressing the power button.
- You have to lift the cartridge access door (the carriage will move to the Centre of the product.).
- Now, make sure that the cartridge sits exactly in the correct slots.
- Match the color and shape of the icons on the cartridge with the slot that has the same shape and icon color.
- Run your finger on the top of the cartridges and press down the cartridge sticking out.
- If the cartridge is not setting in the place then you may have to readjust them accordingly.
- To readjust the cartridge, you can follow the below written steps:
Remove the cartridge.
Gently, bend the tab away from the cartridge. But be careful not to press the tab with high pressure. And, reinstall it if it is not snapping into the place.
- Now, close the cartridge the access door.
- You have to check the product control panel display.
If your error message is disappeared then you may not have to troubleshoot further.
And, if the error message has not disappeared then press the power button to turn off the power. You have to wait for 30 seconds and then turn on the printer again.
If the issue still persists then you can move to next step.
You have to make sure that the latch securing the printhead to the carriage is closed securely. Leave the latch handle raised which can result in incorrectly seated cartridge and printing issue. And, to correctly install the cartridges the latch must remain down.
- You will need lint free clothes and papers and bottle of distilled water. In any case do not use the tap water.
- You have to lift the cartridge access door till it sets in place.
- Now, switch off the product.
- You have to press the tab on the front of the cartridge indicated in the error message to release it and remove it from the slot.
- Carefully, wipe all the electrical contacts with a lint free cloth.
- While cleaning the electrical wires make sure to use dry swab or lint free cloth to wipe the contact.
- Reinstall the cartridge till it seats firmly in the slot.
- Now, close the cartridge access door.
- Turn off your product by pressing the power button.
- Now, check the control panel of the product.
Most of the printers have a printhead cleaning program, accessible either on the printer or attached to computer. It depends on the model of the printer. Thus, with the ink cartridge installed, you can run it a few times to clean the heads and to push ink through, clearing any blockages.
CAUTION: While performing the cleaning process make sure that you do not leave the cartridges for more than 30 minutes. Because more than 30 minutes can damage both the product and the cartridges.
You have to be careful not to move any ink or other dirt and debris onto the clear plastic ink window present next to the contacts.